September 26, 2016
September 13, 2016
May 10, 2016
April 25, 2016
April 18, 2016
April 15, 2016
April 7, 2016
March 17, 2016
March 8, 2016
March 6, 2016
Something is different.
Usually when pitchers and catchers report, I get a little extra pep in
my step. I usually feel a little more
optimistic about everything. I’m usually
in a little bit of a better mood and I’m looking forward.
One can hope…
September 16, 2015
This post is dedicated to my young friend – Evan, who is the
son of a long-time friend of mine who happens to be an Angels fan living in the heart of Dodger country in the
San Fernando Valley. Evan recently came
to a game and told me how much he liked my blog and then nudged me about my not writing much.
What is going on in his head? This started out as being a not-so-big deal, but I think it has gone a tad bit out of hand. I know he recognized this and worked on it in spring training, but he’s back to falling behind in the count early and often.
February 28, 2015
2. See more red at the stadium when the Dodgers come to town. Last year was one of the worst and I hated every moment of the beat down the Dodgers put on the Angels. This “goal” is out of my control, but I can certainly encourage my fellow Angel brother and sisters to get their red on.
3. Never miss a Jered Weaver home start. I just love watching him pitch and I know he’s not going to be around forever – so, I need to see as much of “Weave” as possible. I usually don’t miss his starts as a rule and I want to continue the tradition.
4. Get to a few Padres games. I like the buzz the team created with all the additions they made and I’m in… I’d like to see some of their games. Their stadium is one of Cheryl and my favorites anyway. Good chance I’ll combine this one with the Bryce Harper goal.
5. Hope that by the time the Rockies get to Anaheim (May 12 & 13) that Troy Tulowitzki is healthy. I have an affinity for Dirtbags and I don’t know how many more times I’ll get to see this fellow Long Beach State alum. A bonus would be to get his autograph…
6. I have to wonder if this will be Torii Hunter’s last season; therefore, I will try not to miss any of the Twins games when they head into town on July 21, 22 & 23. It will be appropriate to see him in a Twins uniform once again. I have the utmost admiration for Mr. Hunter.
7. Joe Saunders signed a minor league deal with the Mariners. My hope (and I’m sure Cheryl’s hope too) is that he makes the roster and we get to see him down in Anaheim. We’ll have to make it a point to get down to the bullpen (he’s trying to make the team as a reliever) to say hello. His career is winding down and he’s given us a lot of great memories.
8. Boo A.J. Pierzynski early and often. Oh wait, he’s now with the Atlanta Braves. Is this guy ever going to retire? I hope he stays in the NL all season long or just gets released. A guy can hope, right?
9. I’d really like an Evan Longoria autograph. If I could just get one from him and Tulo this year, I’d be pretty stoked. I know some people think it’s silly – but it’s all about having that moment with a player and creating a memory. A photo with both of them would be even better.
10. More Mike Trout. I don’t want to take it for granted that we get to watch the best player in baseball day in and day out. I love his humbleness, his hustle and the way he has fun playing this great game.