October 24, 2009

Waiting is the hardest part

It’s 1:45 p.m. and I can’t wait for the game to start. I’m anxious. I’m excited. I really want the Angels to win. I always want them to win, but this year is different. It really is. It’s about overcoming Boston. It’s about beating the Evil Empire and even though it may have been over-stated, it’s about Nick Adenhart. It’s as if winning it all would some how bring some closure to the Adenhart tragedy.

We may be seeing Vlad, Figgy, Lackey, Oliver and Abreu for the last time. It’s not something I want to think about. I just want them to win the whole thing. Whatever happens after that happens. But this team, this group of individuals need to complete the story. We need a happy ending. After all, we all love happy endings.

I love this team’s chances.

I have supreme confidence in Joe Saunders; however, I am not confident in the weather. It’s making me crazy. I’d just like to know if this thing is going to be played today. I hate waiting. I hate not knowing. Heck, sometimes I even listen to the radio when the game is on TV because TV is delayed by seven seconds and I can know what happens before I see it.

I hope they get this game in and that the weather isn't a factor.

If you are so inclined, you can follow the weather updates on Twitter. I just checked the twitter web page and the latest update says the gates are opening on time at 5 p.m. Eastern. That’s a good sign, I think. We’ll see.

This is torture.

We’ll be leaving to meet some 514 Fanatics at a local restaurant in a couple hours. Here’s believing that we will be celebrating later tonight.

Go Angels!

UPDATE:

Game postponed until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment