July 20, 2011

Really?

A funny thing happened on the way to the big game last night… one team (the Angels) decided not to show up. Oh they were there physically, but their game was noticeably absent. They didn’t just lose, they were shut out 7-0 and to make matters worse, Angels cast-off and current Ranger Mike Napoli had a banner evening. Heck, he’s having somewhat of a banner year (especially if you compare what he’s done to say… Jeff Mathis).

What a letdown. I mean, we wait and wait for the Rangers to come to town; we anticipate highly charged and competitive games and then… pfffft; all the air just gets sucked right out of you.

Looks like those Rangers are pretty good. In fact, let’s dispel some of the myths surrounding them… like the idea that they can’t pitch. Alexi Ogando looks like he can pitch just fine. He’s 10-2 with a 2.72 ERA. Yeah, I’d say that’s pretty good.

Speaking of pretty good… how about Adrian Beltre? Remember how the buzz in the off season was that he only performs in contract years? Well, Beltre is killing it with 20 homeruns and 74 RBI. Yeah, signing him would have been a huge mistake… I mean we’re set with Alberto Callaspo, right?

As good as the Rangers are right now – they showed us last year that they’re not afraid to make moves to get better. I won’t be surprised if they add a few key pieces for the stretch run. Color me worried.

Whatever.

Look, I know it’s just one game and the season isn’t over – but when my favorite team plays like crap, I get a little upset. They didn’t just lose last night; they got their lunch handed to them. It’s not fun to watch and there were more than 43,000 on hand to watch. I can only imagine what Angels talk was like last night (I didn’t bother to tune in).

In other great news (not) Hank Conger was sent down. Granted, that was probably the right thing to do, but knowing that also means more Jeff Mathis just adds to my frustration for all the obvious reasons. Love that .191 batting average and that .240 OBP.

And on that note… I’ll just look forward to the next game and hope it brings better results. Oh and I guess the Angels didn’t want to win last night’s game for Gene Autry. How nice.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2011

    Well we won two out of three!!! Only 3 games back. Texas schedule will start to get tough

    ReplyDelete