May 24, 2010

Life in full focus

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Watching the Angels has been almost comical at times and yet very sad at the same time. They continue to find ways to lose winnable games and they’re not getting the job done.

I’m frustrated not just because they’re losing, but also because of the way they lose games. Their defense remains suspect; and their bull pen can’t seem to hold leads. I’ve already said just about everything I can say…

And yet part of me doesn’t really care all that much. Why? Let’s just say life has a way of slapping you in the face some times.

My father-in-law (Charles) has been battling a rare form of cancer and up until recently that battle could best be described as a draw. The last few days have been difficult ones and tonight neither Cheryl nor I are at the stadium. It’s the first home game I’ve missed all year.

Now I know you didn’t navigate your way to this blog to read about such things and even though this battle has been going on since before spring training, I’ve kept it out of the blog until now. I only mention it because there are people out there who might wonder why the blogging has lagged.

So here I am. Writing is somewhat therapeutic for me and I thought I should at least attempt to blog just a little. I’m not ready to talk about this beyond this brief note; however, I will say that through it all, Charles still tries to stay on top of what’s going on with the Angels. I only wish I had better news to give him on a regular basis.

In case you’re wondering, I’m wearing my Joe Saunders shirt tonight. It feels good to have his name on my back again and I’m confident he’s turned the corner. As I type this, he’s trailing 2-0 in the 5th inning.

I will take a moment to say that Mike Napoli wins last week’s True Grich Award. I don’t have the stats to share with you; but suffice it to say, he’s in a nice groove right now.

That’s it. That’s all I have for you now.

I’m signing off now to be with Charles and the family. I will be back talking Angels baseball at some point; just not sure when.

BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Hey James, I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is Daniel im from Venezuela´and i like baseball, i have 9 years old

    ReplyDelete