April 15, 2013

Josh gets his wings

Maybe you've seen the Nike shirts that read "Josh gets his wings."  It's a clever play on words, given Hamilton's background and his faith in God.  The reality is that Josh has well documented struggles and also highly publicized faith.  Sometimes the two have come in conflict with one another.

I don't know about you - but I can't think about Josh Hamilton the baseball player without thinking about Josh Hamilton the Christian.  I started thinking about that recently and wanted to see if I could read about his testimony and to my delight - I found this video....




I'm usually not a fan of players who come from rival teams who end up on my favorite team. I never liked the idea of Karl Malone as a Laker (for example). In Hamilton's case - I can't help but root for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment