August 5, 2010

That screaming you hear is me

This is getting old and it’s getting old; fast. I would really rather write about something other than the Angels losing games. I really would. I mean what can I say that I haven’t said already?

To tell you the truth when Kendry Morales first went down I thought we might be in for a long season. I was bracing myself for exactly that and then; much to my surprise, they decided to play good baseball. They teased me into believing that this team could work some of their magic and rise up and show everyone who the boss was once again.

Apparently, I was duped and I hate it when that happens.

I’d really like to say “don’t worry.” I’d really like to find reasons to believe, but as I said yesterday – this team has to meet me half way. Heck, if they’d even come a third of the way, I’d probably be back to my optimistic self.

It’s hard to be optimistic when you realize the Angels just lost three in a row to the team with the worst record in baseball. Whatever. I went down this road yesterday.

The Angels have lost eight out of their last ten. They’re not even a .500 team any more. Now they head to Detroit who is also struggling (they’re also 2-8 over their last ten games). They have nearly identical records and I suppose something has to give. The thing is the Tigers are actually pretty good at home (36-20), so things don’t look so good for our team.

I can’t believe I’m really writing this stuff. This season is a nightmare. What’s worse is that the Angels even trail the Oakland A’s. I’m going to stop now and walk outside and scream.

All that being said - I'm still a fan. I will still be at games and I will continue to follow them on TV and radio. They're horrible right now, but I still love my Angels.

Now, back to screaming...

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment